Examination, Evaluation and Declaration of Result
- Presence in both external and internal examination are essential.
- Pass marks 40% will be calculated after adding marks of both internal (Mid Semester) and external (End Semester) examination with effect from session 2015-18.
- A student who has absent from a Mid-Semester/Internal Examination due to illness or for some other valid reason shall approach the teacher concerned for makeup test immediately on return to class. The request should be supported with a medical certificate issue by a registered medical practitioner/affidavit.
- If a student fails in end Semester Examination, then there will be no re-exam. Its marks will be carrying forwarded. Examinee will appear only in External papers.
- Students of General Course can opt. one practical subject and one language paper only.
- Advancement to the next Semester shall be permitted only with a maximum of two backlog Papers/ Subjects from the preceding semester. However, the student shall be allowed to appear at the sixth semester examination only if he/she has cleared all the papers/subject upto the 3rd semester. If a student has backlog papers in 4th & 5th semester and cleared the 6th semester, the result of the candidate (who has passed the 6th semester examination but not passed the lower semester examinations) shall be declared as NCL (Not Completed Lower semester examinations). Such candidates shall be eligible for the degree only after completion of all the lower semester examinations within the stipulated maximum time period. Such candidate shall be admitted to the Degree of the year in which he/she has finally cleared all the papers, but the name of such student shall not be incorporated in the merit list.
- The duration of a paper of an end-semester examination shall normally be two hours and that of a mid-sem examination, 1.5 hours.
- Assessment and Progression: The performance of a student shall be evaluated through Internal Assessment that will include the mid-semester examination on the pattern of the end-semester examination, regularity of attendance and other activities, carrying 20% marks in all. The end –semester examination shall carry 80% marks.